Sunday, October 24, 2004

Glamour Shots

Click on the header to go to the St. Vincents site. The pic code is 050-71228. I don't believe that you have to enter your relation to the child or your e-mail address unless you want to. There is a second pic but I couldn't get it to come up. I will try to get them to post it soon. The code for it is 050-71225. Keep trying.
We just had our first sponge bath which was a lot of fun.
Luke is not a crier. Not at all. He hasn't even cried for 2 minutes in sucession. He DOES give dirty looks. Everything seems to be going great and on schedule as of now. Other than a bit of a rash, he seems absolutely perfect.
I start my new job Monday along with the first day of wrestling practice, so tomorrow will be very rough indeed. Good thing that CC (his granny) will be staying with mom and baby for the day.
Tuesday he goes for his first check-up so keep us in your prayers. Thank you all for the sweet comments on the pics. Mom needed a boost which all of you provided. keep up the good work.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Having a baby is hard work!! It is very, very normal to feel down--hormones are going crazy, and very cruel things have just happened to your body (and are continuing to happen! If she's breastfeeding, milk coming in is not usually very fun). I was weepy for several weeks after both of my kids, and generally not for rational things (though some were!).

I still struggle, eight months later, as you can probably figure out from some of my posts on my blog. The morale of the story is: Hormone imbalances SUCK. If either of you need a sympathetic ear about the baby blues, drop me a line.... But be assured, what's happening is most likely normal. (I'm sure that doesn't help that much, but still...)

One thing that seems to help is mom getting out on her own to do something by herself, once driving is medically admissable. The house becomes a very suffocating place if you never get a chance to leave.

Luke is precious, and he adores both of you. Enjoy every minute with him!!! And, again, congratulations.

Batty Becky said...

Congrats on your new family member!! I don't have any kids but I did adopt a cat, of course that's nothing like birth, but I used to live in Maine & had to shovel snow w/out any shoes because we were broke..ok that's not true, we had a snowblower & I wasn't allowed to operate it, something about my running over the cement gutter w/the lawnmower, I don't know. Either way congrats!!

Anonymous said...

He is absolutely precious. I have been getting all the updates from Rachel. You guys need to have him work at sloss next year because in his St. Vincent's picture, he has a monster pose with his hands up like he is going to growl at you. LOL All the pictures on the website are great. I especially found Chris' casting call to be the funniest and NOT the least expected :0). Hope to see you all soon. Love you, Stacey M.