Monday, September 06, 2004

Labor Day greetings

Happy Labor Day, Luke! We enjoyed a wonderful dinner at your Grandma Lois & Grandpa Bill's house. Your Uncle Brad and Aunt Stephanie was there, as well as your cousins Aly & Emy.

Dad is out cutting the grass right now. Your Nanna and Mammaw are on their way up to help clean up the living room. We have made such a mess of the house, trying to get ready for you coming home. We promise by the time you make it here, everything will be in its' place.


I love you and can't wait to hold you!

1 comment:

Mandy Hays said...

Luke, I would like to congratulate you and your mother for the new form of snoring the 2 of you invented last night.
It was somewhere between the sound of gurgling mouthwash and a Syberian moose mating call. It was such a precious sight. The 2 of you making such strange yet beautiful music.
I started to get annoyed when I realized that I was really awake and not half asleep anymore. I wanted to wake her up and make her stop but then I realized that she had no more control it than I had. I began to think of all the sleepless nights that lay ahead and knew that the 2 of you were preparing me. I tried to "help" her find a comfortable sleeping position (one that would stop the snore-gargle "snorgle?")keeping in mind that one night soon, I would be doing the same for you.

What an awesome and humbling experience this is.

Thank you moms for the help this weekend. We wouldn't be able to do this without all of your help.

P.S. The Babyroom is finished!