Sunday, September 12, 2004

Baby Clothes Mountain

Okay, it is now 11:30 and I have been sorting through the shower gifts for over 2 hours now. This is incredible!
I am obviously new at this, being that I am a guy and this is my first child but hey, 93 people giving multiple gifts each is an amazing amout of gifts!
I don't know 93 people. I can't ever think of 93 different names. I am overwhelmed with love for all of you. I hope we get out all of the Thank You cards soon and that no one is over looked. We really do appreciate all of this.
Now I am overcome with guilt. I feel so undeserving. I want to send out checks to everyone. Mandy keeps telling me that it comes around when each person has a shower of one type or another but what if someone never has one? Never gets married or never has kids? Aarrgghh!!
It all sounds like a pyramid scheme to me. Wasn't that outlawed in the 80's or something?
Oh well, I shouldn't complain about gifts. That is what they are, things given to you freely. No expectations of repayment.
You folks are awesome. God really shines through all of you. I pray that he blesses each of you for your outpouring of love. Luke is lucky to have all of you watching out for him. Wow, I am gushing here, sorry.

No comments: