Friday, September 29, 2006

Cowboy Luke


Luke decided to wear his boots and hat the other night and I HAD to video it.
Funny story about Willie Nelson. We decided to name "down there", Willie. You know, "Your Willie needs washing." and such. Well, it moved on to "Willie Nelson" after a while.
"The Red Headed Stranger" is one of my favorite albums. My parents owned it and we listened to it a lot. I was thrilled when they gave it to me several months ago. I was playing it at home a few weeks ago when Luke went over to the record player and asked what it was.
I said,"Willie Nelson."
He looked in his diaper and then gave me a very weird giggle. Mandy started laughing and suggested that I told him the name of the album instead. I just handed the dust cover to her and let her read it for herself. We laughed for a long time, to Lukes amusement.
This weekend marks the 1 year anniversary of the accident. When the accident happened, she was praying for God to give her a testimony that would change peoples lives. (She had been asked to give her testimony at the womens retreat the following weekend) She left this afternoon to attend the Retreat this weekend, once again, to give her testimony, only this time she has what she asked for. God is truly awesome in the way he works. Now I know what it means when I read that his ways are higher than ours. I pray that God blesses all of you this week.

No comments: