Tuesday, April 12, 2005


There is a story to this. My family is real big on holiday get togethers. Thanksgiving and Christmas are huge gatherings where much food is eaten and crazy stories are told and retold. The family is growing quite extensive so we started drawing names for presents. (We really don't put too much into the whole gift giving because we really enjoy the talking part SO much more) About 7 years ago my aunt Laina suggested we play "Dirty Santa". None of us had heard of it before but we were willing to give it a try. As with all things, we didn't play it like everyone else. The trick was for us to bring anything around the house worth less than 10 dollars. Used or brand new. I took home the old Santa candle that had been in my mothers staple of displays since the mid 80's that my brother and I had "accidentally" lit and let burn down till his face was melted off. Mandy brought home a set of faux wooden owls to hang in our kitchen (which have since been "lost" in another Dirty Santa game.) Someone took home my lava lamp and someone else took home one of Mandy's college textbooks. you get the idea. This huge gold watch was brought by someone who wouldn't even claim it but My brother was the lucky winner and brought it back the following year. It was a regular every year and we all got a big laugh over how we would "display" it, knowing that it would go under a bed or in a closet till next year. Sadly, it didn't make a return several years ago but no one said anything. It was lost. I walked into my grandparents bed room to change Lukes diaper and guess what I found? Hanging on the wall! What time is it? It's Hammer time! Posted by Hello

No comments: